Monday, August 2, 2010

Nicki Minaj: Not the first of your kind

 



I have tried to watch various interviews, listen to different songs and watch videos of you. The beautiful thing about today’s technology is that as an artist, people can access you and get to know you. I decided to do so with you because I wanted to know what all the buzz was about. I Youtubed you like there was no tomorrow. I even read the comments and found out that there are people that love the hell out of you and there are those who hate the shit out of you. I wouldn’t say that I am neither. I just don’t understand the hype around you. I like to consider myself a Hip-Hop brainiac. I’m only 21, but I know me some Hip-Hop. I know what Hip-Hop is and what it is not. And you already know, you are not Hip-Hop. But that’s not your fault. Because if you were, you wouldn’t have the publicity that you have, the millions of fans and haters, the money and the chance to live the “lavish” life. But you are not alone. You have millions of your fellow peers that are in the same category as yourself: No Talent At All. Wait, let me take that back. You do have talent. Your rap voice is drenched in New York; it has a nice ring to it, reminiscent of your nemesis, Lil’Kim. Oh, I know, you don’t want to hear about Lil’Kim… Oh, well, here we go. But first let me comment on your style. You are you and you can dress in anything you want to, who the hell am I to judge? I’m not judging you, Nicki, I am only observing.

On Youtube I was able to see your drastic transformation. You were a pretty woman and you still are a pretty woman, so why the nose job? (Is it a nose job?) Why the breast implants? (Is it a very good push up bra?) Why the humongous ass? Why did you allow them to inject gelatin in your backside? I mean its bad enough that the industry goes against everything that is logical, moral and real but why did they have to fuck your appearance up in the process? How did it feel when “they” came to you and said that in order for you to even be down, you have to change this, this, this and this? Aren’t you supposed to get that when you sell at least three million copies? Isn’t this supposed to be about music? Not looks. But you are not the first of your kind to change your appearance in exchange for fame and fortune.








You are still attractive; all I am saying is that you could’ve done without the plastic.

Okay, you need to understand why Lil’Kim is synonymous with your name. You swagger jacked her. But as you are becoming mainstream, you are drifting away from her style. Good look. But you basically emulated her poses, colorful wigs etc. Yes, I agree, Lil’Kim may be bitter, thinking to herself, “That used to be me”, but you have no right to jack someone else’s swag, but since you did it, you deserve to have fire shots at you. Not gun shots but a few flows aimed at you, dissing you. She says its about paying homage, I say its about trying to blow you out the water. Kim wants to or should I say, wanted to get you to spit at her so that she could come back hard and shut you down because she knows that you can’t flow and wanted to murder your career before it got started, sort of like what LL Cool J did to Canibus. But your smart or you just can’t rap. Because instead of giving Lil’ Kim some spot light you shunned her off. Good Job. I also notice that you don’t respond to ignorance, like you said. But when someone is dissing you and being that you are a rapper, usually rappers respond back and diss. Did you miss that part of the game? I think so. That is not a good look.

I notice you and your delusional fans, claim that you are hater-infested. I can see what you are talking about. But when someone says you can’t rap, you don’t make sense, you’re wack, I don’t think that’s hating. More like telling the truth. Nicki, let’s face it, you can’t rap worth a damn dime. Let me explain why. Take notes, mama.

On Youtube I was able to see you on some hood DVD, don’t remember the title. But you were sitting down on a stair case, with some ashy dude, then you took out a lot of money (Wonder where you got that from, and can I get some?) and started talking reckless. I mean you started going off on “bitches”, you were just plain angry. How can someone with all that money be so damn angry? But you are not the first of your kind; I’ve seen other rappers do this same exact thing. Then you were asked to freestyle. You didn’t freestyle on the spot. It looked like the camera was stopped, then you appeared with two ratchets in the background, and started “freestyling”. What did you do when the camera stopped? Did you think long and hard about what you were going to rhyme about? It was typical: Sex, money, smacking bitches, running shit, getting hated on and you know what you guys and gals rap about. Needless to say, I didn’t hear anything in that freestyle that made me think like, “Damn, she is tight”. And then I came across another interview that requested you to freestyle. You were calmer here, you weren’t raunchy like before. I guess, before that was when you were hungry and now you “made it”. I don’t know. You tried to talk around freestyling, then you came with the, “Oooweee, goooeeeyyy, chocolate chewy” I could’ve just died. You already know, that is not a good look.
 I don’t have a problem with your multiple personalities, your tourette’s outbursts, your pink hair, even your fake ass, but damn girl, you ain’t got no talent. You have to be able to have talent to pull that shit off. Don’t you ever think, that these people only “love” you because of how you look and that’s not even really you? You ever wonder why you are receiving this much publicity and don’t have a lick of talent? Do you feel some sort of guilt? Paranoia, perhaps?

And I know why you are waiting to release you album. I have to admit you have smart business people in your camp. You could be waiting for Lil’Wayne to be released from jail, because that way he could generate even more publicity for you and himself. Or is it just a direct order to wait for Lil’Wayne to be released before your album is released, which violates your freedom as an artist. Are you an artist? Or Lil’Wayne’s “Young Money’s” puppeteer? Or are you waiting to release your album so that you can guarantee to reach at least gold status on your first week, let alone platinum status. I know you would hate to be like your fellow label mate, Drake who couldn’t go gold the first week but swore that he was the shit and didn’t even reach gold status on his first album. He could never get that week back, that’s why he’s trying to put out another album so fast. Anyway, I hope you sell well.

But Miss Minaj, you don’t strike me as a female rapper. Wait, you are a female, and you are a rapper but your presence in the game? Is not needed or wanted ( in my eyes). It’s bad enough that the female game has never been established as strong as the males but that’s only because females think that the more they talk about what’s between their legs and what they can do with their mouths and amongst other things they are doing justice. But I hate to burst your plastic ass, the way that you and these others female rappers that have drained the game with their wackiness, you all are worthless. None of you say anything worthwhile. There is nothing unique about your style. Seen it all and heard it all before. What are you bringing to the table that we have not seen before? Nothing. At. All. Your rhymes don’t have a message. I know it’s not positive but I can’t even say its negative. Do you even know what you talk about?

To cover up the fact that you are not a lyricist, you distract people by wearing crazy costumes and being this animated person. It’s a nice gimmick. But that does not compensate for your lack of talent.

Obviously as you can see I had a lot to say to you. But I can not blame you. The media thrives off people like you who would do anything for the fame and fortune. They feed you lines and you say them as if you even believe them. Like how you claimed to be bisexual and then reneged on what you said. I understand, DJ Quik said he had ten sisters, but I don’t think his lying about that made him bigger, but I know you lying about your sexuality boosted your popularity. You must remember, the only reason why you are generating so much popularity is because you have sacrificed yourself, you have made that transformation from human to celebrity and from here on out, you are nothing short of the “Where are they now” list. I want you to know that you do not; in anyway, reflect me as a woman or as an African -American woman. I hope that with the price you paid for the fame and the fortune is worth it at the end. Because you know how quick shit changes, I hope you don’t take this as an insult but motivation to step your game way up.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Why is she considered an artists

    ReplyDelete